Benefits of Renewable Diesel
100% renewable and sustainable diesel
Produced from waste fats, residues, and vegetable oils, classified as Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil (HVO). Rubis Renewable Diesel (RD100) uses the same feedstocks to produce Fatty Acid Methyl Ester (FAME) but uses a different refining process, which removes the issues seen with FAME like, microbiological growth, long term stability, water contamination, higher vehicle maintenance, etc.
Smaller global environmental footprint
Rubis Renewable Diesel is produced from 100% renewable materials, so over the lifecycle of the fuel it can help its users reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 90%, when fuel compared to conventional fossil diesel.
The carbon dioxide released upon combustion equals the amount that renewable raw material has absorbed earlier, bringing balance to the carbon lifecycle. There are also significant local benefits to Rubis Renewable Diesel.
Improved Air Quality
100% Rubis Renewable Diesel offers the following benefits*, which reduce local heavy duty traffic related emissions and improve air quality in city centres:
- 33% lower levels of fine particulates (and a smaller number of particulates in general)
- 9% less nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- 30% less hydrocarbons (HC)
- 24% lower carbon monoxide (CO) emissions
- Reduced levels of polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
Rubis Renewable Diesel offers a solution to reduce local emissions straight away. The older and less developed the engine, the clearer the emission-cutting benefits from Rubis Renewable Diesel are.
* Average emission reduction figures are derived from studies on Renewable Diesel and HVO fuels when 100% Renewable Diesel has been used as the fuel. Vehicle emissions have been compared to those of conventional sulfur-free diesel. Findings are published in over 40 scientific publications.
Together with a high cetane number (minimum of 70 vs 50 for traditional diesel) the fuel ensures an efficient and clean combustion, and provides the vehicle with extra power compared to, for instance, traditional biodiesel (FAME).
Easy to use
Fully compatible with the existing fuel distribution infrastructure, no additional investments needed.
No blending limit
Can be used as such (100% Renewable Diesel), or in any blending ratio with conventional diesel.
Excellent storage properties
The fuel can be stored over long periods without deterioration in quality or water accumulation.
The fuel is sulphur-free, oxygen-free, and aromatics-free.
Superior cold weather performance
Suitable for very cold weather conditions.